The Playtest Board Game event is specifically designed to allow game designers and members of the public test new games that are still in the design phase of their production. Designers can book a playtest slot to bring a prototype and get feedback from everyone who plays their game. The gamers get to play new games before they are published, give their input and maybe get a playtesting credit. The designers gain valuable feedback to help them develop their games further.
This is an open event and free to entry for play testers and runs in the board game cafe during opening hours. All we ask is you support our Cafe by buying drinks and food whilst you are here.
- If you have a board game or card game prototype that you want to playtest at our Board Game Cafe, please message on social media or email to reserve a slot. Reservations will be open to all and would prefer advance booking.
- Just sit down to play new games
- Give your feedback.
- Learn from designers on how they designed the game and the thought processes behind it
- Prototypes will be in various genres and difficulties; there should be something for everyone to try. No sign-up necessary.
- Playtest feedback forms will be provided on the day on request.
All playtesters who play a prototype will be entered into a draw for potential prizes from certain designers.
Q – What happens at a Playtest ?
A – This depends on the various groups, but most of them are very informal. If you want to bring your game prototype along to playtest, you could contact the event host beforehand or add a comment on the relevant event page. At the meetup, players will arrange themselves to playtest each other’s games. Be very clear about how many players your game needs and the expected duration. Also be available to playtest others’ games as well. The group functions because of this reciprocal arrangement. To Ensure a fair amount of time for everyone, some games will only be played over a few rounds rather than full game and try to keep the playtest no longer than 90 minutes.